For a woman, the crafting of a frame drum is a sacred act ~ one that connects her with her foremothers, with the elements of Mother Nature, with the spirits of trees and animals, with her Higher Self and with her sisters. It’s a Labour of Love ~ a journey of Soul, body, mind and heart, for in the birthing of her drum, a woman also gives birth to her Self.
This sacred process is a spiritual quest and one that is all the more profound when undertaken with clear and strong intent. Perhaps you’re on the threshold of a major change in your life, maybe you're facing a challenge that you didn't expect, or you have a strong urge to create something new.... you can bring whatever intention is right for you at this point in your life and weave it into your drum with your own heart and hands. You'll be supported by your sisters every step of the way.
With sacred intent, the process of drum-making can inspire deep healing, valuable insights, embodied empowerment, personal and collective paradigm shifts. It's also a really fun and juicy way to be in community. Women from many different cultures have been making and playing drums together for millennia. Reclaiming this ancient practice is our birth rite. The Sisterhood of the Drum is a powerful and loving bond.
The Bridget Drum is made with a 15" round hoop-pine timber frame and kangaroo rawhide with lacing woven into a Celtic cross handle at the back. This drum is named after Bridget, the Celtic Goddess and Saint who is a guardian of women, birthing, new beginnings, and crafting. She is the Sacred Flame and Guardian of Sacred Space. She is also Guardian of The Women’s Hearth. The Bridget Drum weaves together the spirit of this ancient land and the Celtic heritage that so many of us are drawn to.
This drum is a powerful tool to use when creating sacred space, cleansing and clearing, raising energy, journeying, sound healing and making beautiful, powerful rhythms.
Friday 19th November 2021 9.00am ~ 5.00pm
Saturday 20th November 2021 9.00am ~ 5.00pm
Sunday 21st November 2021 9.45am ~ 2.30pm
Location: Hamilton Hill, WA
What you will receive for your investment during this 3-day journey:
• Expert, loving guidance, tuition and support from The Women’s Hearth Drum maker facilitator Penny
• Time and space to tune into your own needs and intentions; encouragement to work at your own pace and in a way that is sacred to you
• Your personal and unique drum hand-crafted by you with high quality materials including Australian timber frames and hides; all materials, equipment and resources supplied
• A drumstick (beater) made especially for you by Anne-Marie & Penny
and gifted in a sacred drum-blessing ceremony
• The safety, intimacy, comfort and sisterhood of a small group of women
• Delicious lunches and refreshments each day
• Sacred ceremony, drumming, chanting and singing
• Initiation into the Sisterhood of the Drum
We hold this sacred drum-making initiation in Perth and Margaret River throughout the year.
Maximum group size is 4 women.
To secure your place:
Non-refundable deposit of $300 is required to secure your place. Payment plans are welcome, so please let us know if you need to discuss a payment plan that suits your circumstances.
We look forward to hearing from you! If you have any questions or wish to discuss a payment plan please call Penny on 0414 654 212
RETREAT REFUND POLICY:
* Deposit of $300 is required on booking to secure your place. This deposit is not refundable as it covers the cost of your drum-making materials. If you cancel and we can fill your place, you may transfer your deposit to another retreat.
* Full payment is required by 2 weeks prior to event unless you have negotiated a longer payment plan with us.
* If you decide to cancel after full payment has been made, we will try to fill your place. If we can fill your place, you may receive a refund (minus $300 deposit) or you may transfer your full payment to another retreat. If we can't fill your place there will be no refund available.
* If we need to cancel the retreat, due to COVID restrictions or other unforeseen circumstances, we will refund your payments in full; or you may choose to transfer your deposit or full payment to a future retreat.